Tuesday, December 9, 2008

iPod Nano, the highest-selling MP3 player in history

When I hear the word, Microsoft, the next word I have in my head is Windows Operating System, also piracy over Windows that even reach 80% and more in developing countries. A few years ago, when I hear Apple Inc. or saw its partly bitten apple logo, my mind almost immediately caught a word, Mac OS, an operating system. But these days almost long gone, today when I hear, read, or write Apple Inc., what I have in mind is iPod, a portable media player released by Apple Inc. since October 23, 2001.

Well, I am not a music maniac, but that does not mean that I am not interested. Over 150 million units was sold worldwide as of March 2008. On 2005, The first generation of iPod Nano was introduced. Unlike the previous iPod Classic, Nano does not employ any hard disk, it uses flash memory instead. Its capacity of flash memory up to 16 GB. And on the second and third generation, Nanos support voice recording with third-party recording attachments. And since 3rd generation, it has supported Windows Vista.

Those are the features I observe so far. In media a saw many news featured incidents involving iPod Nano. Similar to old cell phone that was heated during recharging process and even exploded, there are news featuring iPod Nano sparked up during recharging. In Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, an iPod set the pant of its owner on fire. There are still many incidents else. So, be careful with your iPod.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

.

Locations of visitors to this page

Search Engine Submission - AddMe