Friday, July 31, 2009

Mozilla Firefox 3

I can say that Mozilla Firefox 3 is my favorite browser. Now its popularity is second after Internet Explorer from Microsoft. Internet Explorer gains highest popularity because it is packed with Microsoft Windows, if it isn’t, perhaps the story will be different. Firefox is free, may be Internet Explorer is free too but we must buy Microsoft Windows to have it. Today, Firefox is the most popular free web browsers, and almost everybody today ever use Firefox in browsing.

Today, I still use Firefox 3 along with Opera and Google Chrome, and Firefox still becomes my favorite browser. But I notice that in several points, Firefox is inferior compared to Opera and Google Chrome:
  • First, Firefox 3 needs more time to start compared to Opera and Google Chrome. Today I use Firefox 3, and this problem is still occurring. It is so obvious that I don’t even need stopwatch to compare it.
  • Second, sometimes when Firefox 3 is loaded to open multiple tabs, it will automatically shut down itself. This problem also occurs when Firefox 3 is opening a site containing particular ads script. I met this problem when I use dial up connection to connect to internet, there is no problem in other connection.
Generally, I like Firefox, in several points it is superior compared to other browsers, including Internet Explorer. Considering that almost web browser now is free, it is no use to compare them based on whether free or not. I have been using Firefox since 2005, I thought it was faster than other browsers I knew (browsers I knew in that year are IE and Opera). Today it is almost impossible for lay people to compare browser based on speed, all of them almost equal.
There is one reason I like Firefox very much: There are many available plug-ins and Add-ons in internet, just j search them. Almost all of plug-ins and Add-ons are designed to suit Firefox. As the leading free web browsers, it is not strange that there are many people’s contributions to improve it. You can download it from its official site or in Download.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

.

Locations of visitors to this page

Search Engine Submission - AddMe