Monday, April 5, 2010

Working at home online

Do you ever work at home, everything at home? I want to write about my last experience working at home for about a month. Everything I did and finished at home with communication to client and a colleague via phone call, email, and Yahoo Messenger. Everything's fine and we were able to finish our jobs successfully. I am so grateful about it, and I can say that I like working this way, at home, with its advantages and disadvantages.
.
I was a student, and I enjoyed this work. I didn’t have many classes , so I am practically did nothing almost everyday. It was started when one of my friends contacted me and offered a job share, translating tons of documents for a month limit. I agreed with his offer and we began to work on tens of documents with hundreds of pages.
.
Because we worked at home, we were free to define our own schedules. Working times were not necessary always followed conventional times, starting in the morning to evening 8 hours per day. We could do it in the morning for two hours, and then continued it at night, and I remembered correctly that I never ever worked for 8 hours or more in a day. This suited us well, we could do anything else at anytime we wanted. Working at morning, noon, afternoon, evening, late night, morning or anytime else were depended on us. We were working anytime we wanted and also having funs and did others in anytime we chose to do. I was still able to attend my regular classes and worked after that. Of course we must remembered that our work must be finished after a month since we started.
.
This resulted in one consequence I noticed clearly. It was hard to arrange when we should work, not because we don’t have a time but because it was hard to have the mood to work. It seemed that we were getting lazier. If there was no boss around, then nobody forced you to work. My home was not a peaceful sanctuary again when I went home from campus, because at home meant I must worked again. This situation ‘haunted’ me for a month. Moreover, because we were a bit slow in first days of work, our works were piled up in the end of the month near deadline. It was very stressful.
.
Afterwards, I just noticed that the whole work were done online. We never met directly each other, all of them were done via phone, email, and chat. It was my friend who met our client face to face, I never met our client or even knew him.
.
Comparing advantages and disadvantages, I still prefer working at home. I am still single, but I think that this good for parents, especially mothers. They could work without had to compromize attentions to their children. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

.

Locations of visitors to this page

Search Engine Submission - AddMe